Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Recap Part 1

So. Hurricane Sandy has cancelled school today and tomorrow and I figured at the least I could update my blog while I lounge at my parent's house for the next day or two.

First. I did a little bit of shopping this weekend. I knew J.Crew was having a sale on their sale items- an extra 30% off sale items. There were some things I had my eye on online, but knew I needed to try on before purchasing at final sale. Plus, since seeing a post about these jeans on Sequins and Stripes {I thought, can't seem to find the post right now to refer to, although it should be noted, I love her style and coordinated outfits very much}, I've been wanting to try them on since I'm in need of a good pair of skinny jeans.

So. First stop was Nordstrom. I tried on the Paige Skyline Straight Leg jeans and fell in love.
Purchased.

Next up was J.Crew. I scoured their sale section, which was pretty full considering it was the end of the 30% off promotion. Because I used my educator discount, I ended up getting an additional 15% off my purchases. I bought two tops and a pair of white bootcut jeans for spring/summer.

Top #1: Blythe blouse for $35. I've been wanting one of these for a few seasons, but never seemed to want to spend the money on one. I couldn't beat the price with the 30% off promo.
Top #2: Nicky top for around $25 {cheaper in the store than online.} Great top for layering in fall/winter/spring at school, and wear alone during summer. I bought a bright red, almost with an orange undertone, which isn't pictured online. 
And last but not least, a pair of white denim pants for, drumroll please, $15!!! Score.
And to top off a successful shopping trip was a stop at the new Pinkberry in the mall for a delicious frozen treat. 

Sunday I tried on the Paige jeans again and questioned the color choice I made. I also was itching to head to Anthropologie which is about 10 minutes past the mall to check out a skirt and a cute jewelry holder. So I headed back to the mall, stopping at Anthro first. 

Sadly the tulle skirt was no where to be seen, and only available online in black. {Separate post about my quest to make my own version of this skirt for the holiday season forthcoming.} And for some reason when I found the wishbone display it was not what I was expecting. I was thinking it was going to be a bigger size item, but was really small, about the size of an apple. So no-go on either of those fronts. 

Of course I didn't leave empty handed!

Anthro was running it's own promo- an extra 25% off all sale clothing items. Unfortunately nothing I purchased I can find on their website for a picture. But I left with two tops, a really pretty bralette, and a dress. Three of those items were on sale, one was not. But I made the purchase anyway.

Item #1 was a sheer floral print short sleeve shirt, that is on the longer side. I picture it with my new skinny jeans and tan heels. Item #2 was a bright floral print sheer bralette that I don't know that I'll actually wear out of the house, but is something that my future new boyfriend may appreciate and it was super cheap so I got that as well. Last item on sale was a pretty navy and tan dress that cinches at the waist, and has a little bit of a mullet cut to the bottom hem. All of those items, with the additional percent off totaled around $50. This brings us to item #4. Eek. So it's a purchase that may end up being returned, but I could not leave it at the store. It's a chambray pullover shirt, that buttons down midway. Cuffed sleeves that roll up and button to stay in place. And has small white polka dots all over the shirt. And is super soft. But was $88. Yikes. I fell in love, but may end up returning because of the cost. We shall see. 

I also tried on a pair of skinny cordoroy pants that I've seen on Anthro's website many times in denim and colored denim, and have been curious how they fit me. Good news is they fit well, so when I see them on sale in the future I can feel confident in making a purchase. 

I then headed back to the mall to check out other colors of the Paige jeans I found. I ended up buying them in black too. 

Mighty successful shopping weekend for moi!! Not so successful on the dating front...that update is next.

Stay safe party people! Will update the dating front shortly...





No comments:

Post a Comment